Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Are you my audience?

Every so often I have an idea or thought that might be worth sharing. But then I think of all the ways in which it could be misinterpreted or disputed, and then I think about how to better explain or justify myself, and then I'm just tired of all that thinking and so I don't actually write anything.

In an attempt to avoid that trap, and to clarify my own thinking, I've decided to write for a very limited audience: me, and people who might be similar to me.

My fear is that I will get drawn into some dumb debate or end up arguing with fools, which is no way to live. To avoid this, I'll probably just delete all comments that seem trollish, smell anything like spam, or are just hopelessly annoying.



Also, I'd like to preface everything I'll ever say with this: I don't actually know anything. (and neither do you)

0 comments:

Post a Comment